Saturday, November 6, 2010

BURNT OUT

A complete weight training workout can be perf...Image via Wikipedia
All this passion, enthusiasm, drive and taking action has taken it's toll.  Whoo-hoo, I'm burnt out. BALANCE IS KEY.  No matter how driven and motivated, if you neglect your own needs, you can't be "there" effectively, with all your strength and wits about you if you're run down an not maintained.  We take better care of our cars, some of us. Those who don't maintain their cars end up with an inefficient machine that leaves you stuck on the side of the road without the ability to move forward.. It is the same for those of us who don't maintain the "machine" that is a combination of our mind, body, soul.  Nurturing all three is key.  Staying balanced isn't a bad thing either.

1. Nourishment ~ I have to force myself to stop and eat period, much less anything nourishing. NOT GOOD.  I always skip breakfast then before I know it, it's 5:00 and I'm starving and end up grabbing the first thing I see, and it's never a balanced meal.
MUST TAKE TIME TO PREPARE AND EAT BALANCED HEALTHY MEALS, SNACKS, OR WHATEVER YOU CALL IT, NOURISHING THE MACHINE IS A MUST DO.

2. Excercise ~ I need to gain weight, as I'm a minimum of 15 pounds underweight.  98 pounds at 5'6" is unattractive and unhealthy.  Cardio is necessary for health, however I've got to make sure it's the healthy minimal.  20 minutes 3-5 times a week on the treadmill on a good incline.  Intense walking or light jog.

I love to weight train. My body responds extremely well to weight resistance and lifting.   Plus, I'm not the young thang I'm in denial about.  Yes, it is, ughh, time to start preventing bone loss, and weight training is the best action for this prevention.  It keeps bones strong and healthy and prevents their breakdown.
WEIGHT TRAIN A MINIMUM OF 3 DAYS PER WEEK.. ULTIMATELY 5.. 3 DAYS UPPER BODY, 2 DAYS LOWER.

3. Drink Water ~ Upon waking, drink a glass of fresh water, with lemon is good, to maintain body pH.

4. JOB HUNT

Keep up with laundry, house hold basics, responsibilities.

There are more, but these basics are KEY.
Enhanced by Zemanta